* * *
Due to the recent extension of the Federal and State income tax deadlines for individuals, the City of Fairlawn has also extended its income tax filing and payment deadlines from April 15, 2021 to May 17, 2021; although, early filing and payment is encourage. The City's extension will apply to both individual and business net profit filings and payments.
The Tax Department is temporarily closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Tax filings and payments should be mailed to the PO Box listed under "Contact Us" or placed in the Tax Deposit Box located next to the main entrance to City Hall. Taxpayer inquiries should be directed to or the phone and fax numbers listed under "Contact Us." Thank you, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
* * *
The Income Tax Department is responsible for the collection of individual and business income tax.
Residents are welcome to contact the Income Tax Department for assistance in completing the Fairlawn Individual Income Tax Return.
Interest Rate for Late Payments
Interest shall be imposed at the rates listed below on all unpaid income tax and unpaid withholding tax:
* Applicable to taxable years beginning before January 1, 2016
- Tax Code (For taxable years beginning before January 1, 2016) (PDF)
- Tax Rules & Regulations (For taxable years beginning before January 1, 2016) (PDF)
- Business Tax Documents
- Individual Tax Documents
- Transient Guest Tax Return (PDF)
- Transient Guest Tax Exemption Certificate (PDF)
- Fairlawn Street Listing (PDF)
- Annual Tax Report (PDF)